Concrete is the most commonly used material for construction projects. It is a durable material frequently used in residential construction because it can be used in various ways and is relatively low maintenance. However, concrete isn't indestructible and can sink and settle over time. Concrete slabs sink and settle for several reasons: the freeze/thaw cycle, temperature fluctuations, and soil erosion. Sunken concrete slabs aren't just an eyesore; they can become serious safety hazards. Luckily we have a quick fix! Foam jacking! Foam jacking or polyurethane concrete levelling is the best option for homeowners to fix sunken slabs. If you want to know why you should have your concrete levelled with polyurethane foam, read on!
Concrete is everywhere. It is used for driveways, sidewalks, steps, pool decks, patios and garage and basement floors, to name a few. When concrete slabs settle or shift, it can create hazards around your home, such as trip hazards and damage to vehicles and neighbouring properties. Concrete settlement can also lead to water pooling around your home which can cause severe foundation problems if not appropriately addressed. Foam jacking is the best way to fix these problems and keep your home safe from hazards.
Foam jacking, also known as slab jacking or polyurethane concrete levelling, is an innovative method that uses polyurethane foam to lift and level sunken concrete slabs. This process involves injecting an environmentally friendly polyurethane foam beneath the concrete slab through small holes drilled through the surface, allowing us to raise the slab back to its original position. The polyurethane foam we use is designed to lift and support concrete slabs. Foam jacking doesn't require any heavy equipment, so there is minimal disruption to your property. It is a cost-effective solution to lift and level sunken concrete slabs. It can be used for many applications like swimming pools, driveways, patios, steps and stairs, sidewalks, garage floors, basements, and more!
Foam jacking is the best alternative to mudjacking and has many benefits over the more traditional concrete raising method. The advantages of foam jacking for residential jobs over traditional mud jacking include:
- Foam jacking is long-lasting. Since mudjacking uses a slurry containing concrete, the slab will eventually settle again over time. Polyurethane Foam can last a lifetime, eliminating the chance of the slab sinking again.
- Foam jacking requires little to no clean-up. Because of the slurry used, mudjacking requires more clean-up. Foam jacking leaves no mess around your home.
- The polyurethane foam used in foam jacking is lightweight. Mudjacking slurry is heavier than polyurethane foam. This can cause potential damage to your property, especially if you have clay soil beneath your foundation or home.
- Foam jacking takes less time than mudjacking because there's no need for excavation work before the process begins. We can complete smaller projects in as little as 2 hours so you can get back to using your driveway or sidewalks faster.
- Polyurethane foam is environmentally friendly. It is manufactured without any toxic chemicals, so it will not pollute the environment around your home. It also eliminates the need to replace concrete slabs, which keeps them out of landfills.
As you can see, there are many benefits to having your concrete levelled with polyurethane foam. At BC Concrete Lifting, we have helped many homeowners repair their sunken and settled concrete slabs. Homeowners are surprised to find that their concrete can be easily lifted and used that same day! As with most things, concrete maintenance will be cheaper than replacing it in the future. If you have noticed cracks in slabs around your home or water pooling near your foundation, contact us today! We'll get it lifted before it's too late.